Electricity networks are using innovation funding from Ofgem’s Network Innovation Competition (NIC) and Network Innovation Allowance (NIA) to help reshape the operational and technical performance of the sector. This award will recognise outstanding electricity projects that have received innovation funding.
The judges will be looking for:
- Projects that have produced quantifiable benefits for customers and other stakeholders
- Projects that have the potential to create benefits across the industry, where learnings have been effectively shared
- Projects that have created genuine business change, with findings successfully embedded into business as usual
- Outline the aims of the project and how the project originated
- Explain the innovation involved – how does the project break new ground?
- What were the results of the project and how did it realise measurable benefits?
- Outline the potential of the project for making a difference in the sector - how can this be developed further to bring benefit to all?
“I would like to see innovation that can have real impact on achieving clean economic growth”
Eric Brown, Director of Innovation, Energy Systems Catapult